Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works In Progress!!

This week's amazing featured seller is Works In Progress! She is one of two leaders of this group and I am grateful for all the help she has given me.



The Basics:
Name: Kelsey


Age: 18
Location: North Carolina
Etsy shop: http://www.worksinprogress.etsy.com/




The Nitty Gritty:
-Can you tell us the meaning behind your Etsy shop name?
There is a sign, "Works in Progress", on the shed at my grandma's house. I really liked the whole look of it, and it was one of the first "art" photos that I took. And it was that photo that helped me decide to start selling on Etsy. I had planned to branch out in jewelry and such, so I thought that my shop would also be a "work in progress", something that I was always working on changing and evolving.

-When did you join Etsy?
I discovered Etsy accidentally one day about a year ago, and have been infatuated with it ever since. But it wasn't until this past November that I began to sell on the site.



-What kinds of things are available for purchase in your shop?
My fine art photography and jewelry.



-What is your favorite item from your shop?
I would have to say the redhead pendant necklace. She is so adorable! And I love the little purple flower that accents it.

-Where do you get your ideas and/or inspiration?
I go by what I like, what I think looks good, and jewelry I would wear myself. In fact, I often make double, one to keep for me! ;) Also I like really cutesy things, like Japanese kawaii stuff. And I love vintage or retro looks.

-What advice do you have for other Etsy sellers, especially those just starting out?
Promote! No one can buy from your shop if they don't know it exists, right? So you have to get your shop out there. I use a variety of promotional tools and go into Etsy chat as well to get more exposure. Also it is important to list new items regularly so you can be at the top of the searches. And be patient! Especially in this economy, it is hard to make sales sometimes and it might take a while.

-What do you do to promote your shop? Do you blog? Twitter? Facebook?
Myspace?

All of those actually! On my Facebook though, I just have a small Etsy-mini type section.


blog: http://www.worksiprogress-etsy.blogspot.com/


Twitter: www.twitter.com/worksinprogress Myspace: www.myspace.com/worksiprogress90

And I am also on ArtFire!


http://www.worksinprogress.artfire.com/




-Why did you decide to join Minor Effect?
There are some really talented young people on Etsy and I was happy to join in this group showcasing that. I think it is important for them (and me) to have this outlet.




Fun Stuff:
What is your favorite:
-color? turquoise
-movie? Forrest Gump and You've Got Mail (gotta love Tom Hanks!)
-type of music? I love listening to music! I like a lot of indie and U.K. bands. Right now I am really into Noah and the Whale and then The Killers new album. I listen to music for the lyrics and the meanings behind them, so classical music or songs without words are kind of lost on me!

-What item is on your Etsy wishlist?
I have had my eye on some amazing art prints! Especially from http://www.artandghosts.etsy.com/


-What do you do for fun?
I listen to music, do photography, and shopping! I am a shopaholic.

-Tell us a little bit about your family.
There's my mom and dad, and then I have a brother who is a bit older than me. I am the baby of the family!


-What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?

Thin mints.

-Fill in the blank- I would like to be known as the world's greatest ________

Friend! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment