Thursday, February 12, 2009

CrochetRUs!!

This week's featured seller is CrochetRUs!!!

The Basics:
Name: Lora

Age: 13
Location: NY, USA
Etsy shop:
http://CrochetRUs.etsy.com

The Nitty Gritty:

-Can you tell us the meaning behind your Etsy shop name?

My Etsy shop name is The Crochet Sisters and I chose it because it seemed fitting considering the fact that we (my sister and I) both crochet and we are sisters.

-When did you join Etsy?

April 08, 2008

-What kinds of things are available for purchase in your shop?

Home décor, baby gifts, fashion accessories and more! I am slowly but surely adding to the inventory in my shop.

-What is your favorite item from your shop?

My favoritest favorite in my shop would have to be this

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=19644826

-Where do you get your ideas and/or inspiration?

I get my inspiration from many things, the child in my avatar, for one. He is one of the main reasons I started my shop. I also get some of my ideas from the kids I babysit a lot.

-What advice do you have for other Etsy sellers, especially those just starting out?

Do your absolute best to be the friendliest person you can be to everyone on Etsy, you just never know who would've been a potential customer but you cut them off with a rude word.

-What do you do to promote your shop? Do you blog? Twitter? Facebook?
Myspace?

I use Twitter, Flickr, OwntheHour and Facebook. I frequent the chatrooms on Etsy…I haven't yet gotten the hang of passing out business cards but I will!

-Why did you decide to join Minor Effect?

I joined/started this team because I felt there was a need for a group for teens on Etsy. I liked the thought of getting to know other people who were close in age to me, liked artistry as much as I do and were endeavoring to build a business as well.


 

Fun Stuff:
What is your favorite:
-color? Hot pink is my all-time fave color.
-movie? My favorite movie this week is Another Cinderella Story
-type of music? One of my favorite types of music is RnB


-What item is on your Etsy wishlist?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14950515
I LOVE bags!!
-What do you do for fun?

Two of my favorite pastimes are playing strategy games on the computer and dancing and singing to karaoke music.


-Tell us a little bit about your family.

I am one of 5 kids. I have 2 older sisters and 1 younger sister and brother and we are all homeschooled with the exception of my oldest sister.


-If you were scuba diving, what underwater creature would scare you the most?

Either jellyfish or octopus! Both give me the heebie-jeebies!!


 

-What is the strangest method of transportation you have used?

A bus has got to be it! It seems so weird to me lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment