Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kakaner! - Our new FS




Please welcome kakaner! She is our newest member our Minor Effect and has a delicious and beutiful store! (Go check it out). And she is offering 10% off to all Minor Effect Memebers! YAY! Please just note that in the messege.

Ok so here's a little bit about kakaner!


The Basics!
Name:
Karen S.
Age: 19
Location: Cambridge, MA
Etsy shop: http://kakaner.etsy.com

The Nitty Gritty:
-Can you tell us the meaning behind your Etsy shop name?
Kakaner is my alias all over the place! It's my nickname in real life =D


-When did you join Etsy?
I joined in January to buy fight club soap, but started my shop only a month ago on 3/21.


-What kinds of things are available for purchase in your shop?
Right now it's cookies and knitted items! I plan to expand to more baked goods, more knitted items, and jewelry!

-What is your favorite item from your shop?
my favorite item is probably this: 12 White Chocolate Oreo Sugar Melt Cookies

but I think this is the best deal right now: 18 Coffee Frappuccino Cookie Sampler

-Where do you get your ideas and/or inspiration?
Friends.. suggestions.. things I personally like. I love color =D


-What advice do you have for other Etsy sellers, especially those just starting out?
Be super nice and promote! Tell all your friends.. there's no shame in getting those first sales with people you know. Participate in chats and forums! and PICTURES are important!


-What do you do to promote your shop? Do you blog? Twitter? Facebook?
Myspace?

Twitter, and chats mainly. I'm still a pretty lazy promoter... I find chatting and word of mouth is best!


-Why did you decide to join Minor Effect?
I love younguns who do crafts! Although I'm 19, I started knitting when I was 11 and baking even younger. I was a HORRIBLE student in high school and would knit through classes.. much to the chagrin of my teachers =(

Fun Stuff:
What is your favorite:

-color? GREEN
-movie? oooohhh boy. Quentin Tarantino...
-type of music? Indie/Alternative/Post Rock

-What item is on your Etsy wishlist?
TONS. Mainly handspun yarn, nice earrings, and random awesomeness.

-What do you do for fun?
knit, read, read, and read. I love comics, high quality TV, and anime!


-Tell us a little bit about your family.
I'm the oldest of three children! I have a little brother and sister, and a mommy and a daddy! Yay! But SSSH they don't know about this store because my parents would yell at me for having a distraction in my life =P

What is your dream place to live?
Either here in Cambridge or Pennsylvania. I'm a hardcore suburban girl.

Do you have/had/want a pet?
YES i want two kitties! I'm probably getting them after I graduate in a month =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there ya go! Now you know a little bit about our FS. Please go check out her shop and hopefully buy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment