Wednesday, March 11, 2009

pwnmonster!!!

The Basics:
Name: Yryn ("Yryn" is pronounced like "Irene")
Age: 16
Location: NJ, USA
Etsy link: http://pwnmonster.etsy.com/

The Nitty Gritty:


What is the meaning behind your shop name?

"Pwn" is originally a video gaming term meaning "to dominate" or "to own". Usually it is said once you won in a battle or a trial against someone. They say it was developed by a World of Warcraft user who just spelled own incorrectly. I always liked that word and thought why not use it in my store name.

When did you join etsy?
April 18, 2008

What type of things are available to purchase in your shop?

Cute jewelry and custom art. Once in a while I'll get a plushie request which is always nice doing.

What is your favorite item in your shop?
I'm not sure, it's pretty hard to pick, I think I like them all pretty equally.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Food, flowers, and a bit of Japanese culture.

Do you have any advice for other etsy sellers?
It may take a while to get your first sale, it can take a while to get even views but if your heart is truly into it then you will succeed.

How do you promote your shop?
I like to Twitter once in a while, write in my blog, and just hang around on Etsy hoping someone will find me.

Why did you join Minor Effect?
Well I always wanted to be part of a group with other people who understood what it was like being a young crafter on Etsy. It makes me feel less alone.

Fun stuff:

What is your favorite color?
I'm not really sure,nothing too intensely bright or too intensely dull.

What is your favorite movie?
Hmm.. it could be Wall-E, such a pretty story.

Favorite type of music?

Rock, indie, and 80's

What is on your etsy wishlist?
ALOT, especially cute food soap and squirrel related items.

What do you like to do for fun?
I like to bake, draw, just browse etsy and most of all I can't live without listening music for a day. I like to collect soap, snow globes, deco tapes, squirrel and penguin type things, and converse shoes.

Tell us a bit about your family.

They're a good family. As many times I think they're annoying (and who doesn't get annoyed by their family a bit?) I know I wouldn't want another family except the one I have. I think I was put in that family and given the parents I have because no other parent or family could care for me anymore or any better. Me and my brother are best friends forever but sometimes we like to deny it. My sister is nice too, she does most of my graphics and helps me with confusing business terms. My dad is nice too. Overall I like them alot.

If you could invent one modern convenience, what would it be?

I would invent some type of magical thing that can track down anything I'm looking for, not sure how it will work but just the concept I guess :D

If you were a wizard, how would you exploit your powers?

I would use my powers for the benefit of my loved ones and people in need, i would do it in secret though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment